How do you feel about seeing your child taking one bold step at a time? For parents, witnessing these milestones triggers more than pride. Being able to celebrate our little ones’ milestones, especially with their active mobility, always cheers our hearts. Is this also how you felt?
As your partners in providing quality childcare in Bronx, New York, we feel the joy of every parent in witnessing the fresh experiences of their children. Along with this however, also comes the anxiety and apprehension over their safety. The more our children learn how to move about, the higher also are their risks to injuries and accidents.
Safety is also an important factor we implement in our Preschool in New York. For this reason, we would like to impart these tips on how you can help ensure that safety is being implemented in your very own abode.
- Child-proof the HomeThis means that every nook and corner of your household is safe for your child. This includes ensuring that the floor is rubberized or carpeted. Also, tuck away all electrical wires and ensure that electric sockets are well-covered. You wouldn’t want your curious toddler inserting their finger to any of those sockets. While we can’t help accidents from happening, we can at least reduce the impact on our children.
- Monitor Bath Safety Children can be very excited when they’re immersed in water. Whether it’s in a pool or just the bathroom tub, the fun of being submerged is thrilling to a toddler’s mind. This makes bath time risky when they’re left alone. Don’t leave your child unattended when they’re taking a bath. Their safety relies on diligent monitoring while bathing.
- Ensure Playground SafetyIf your home or neighborhood has a playground, ensure that safety precautions are in place. If this means that you have to inspect the area before allowing your child to play, then go ahead and do it. Remind your children to avoid pushing another child around so they can have a good and healthy amount of play.
- Instruct on EmergenciesAt preschool age, your child can already be instructed on what to do during certain emergencies. Ensure that they know who to call for help or what to do first whenever a particular scenario occurs. Being prepared for emergencies is a great step towards keeping our children safe at home.
- Implement Hand Washing PracticeMonitoring your child’s hygiene also keeps them safe from microbes and bacteria, which are key triggers of infections. Ensure that your child washes their hands before and after eating and after using the bathroom.
At Sharon Baptist Head Start, we help build your child up through quality Head Start Pre-k programs and ensuring that they’re safe and well whenever they are with us. We recognize that children will always need diligent supervision and monitoring especially in their formative years or the first five years of their lives.
If your interest is piqued in this post, tap SHARE!