As a provider of childcare in Bronx, New York, we have been helping parents and guardians with meal preparations for their kids. We understand that it is often hard to feed kids nutritious foods because they can be very picky thus; we have created a short guide for you. This guide is targeted towards preschoolers (children ages 3-5).
- Tip 1: Be creative.Kids will be interested in foods that also look interesting. Try to fill their plate with a variety of colors, textures, and flavors.
- Tip 2: Do not force them.Do not pressure them to eat more of what they can handle or less of what they want. Their appetite varies daily so, let them decide how much they want to eat.
- Tip 3: Go homemade.Prepare your meals at home or better yet, include them in the preparation process. Also, make sure that everything is cut small to avoid choking.
- Let your child drink water between meals.
- Change their milk from full fat to skim.
- Only give them pure fruit juice.
- Limit fish with high mercury levels.
Sharon Baptist Head Start is a preschool in New York that promises to ready your children for school. They have highly-skilled and professional staff willing to help your kids become the best that they can be in terms of health, education, and socialization.